Health Conscious? Enjoy this great Premio Recipe featured at the Tasty Health Recipes Blog.
• 3 tablespoons butter
• 1 cup onions cut in
• 1/2-inch dice
• 1 bay leaf
• Salt and pepper
• 2 cups peeled potatoes cut in1/2-inch cubes
• 3 cups chicken broth
• 2 cups clam broth
• 4 tablespoons cornstarch
• 2 cups heavy cream, divided
• 1 pound Premio* sweet Italian sausages, cooked according to package directions and cut in 1/2-inch chunks
• 1 pound bay scallops, trimmed of side muscle
• 1 cup green onions thinly sliced on the bias
• 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
1. Melt butter in a 5-quart sauce pot or small soup kettle over medium low heat. Add onions and bay leaf; cover and cook until soft, 5-7 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
2. Add potatoes and cook for 3-5 minutes. Add chicken broth and clam broth, and simmer until potatoes are just tender.
3. In a small bowl,make a paste of cornstarch and 1/2 cup cream.
4. Add the remaining 1 1/2 cups cream to the soup and return to a simmer.
5. Gently whisk in the cornstarch mixture and stir until the soup returns to a simmer.
6. Add sausage and scallops. Simmer for 3-4 minutes, or until scallops are cooked. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
7. To serve, sprinkle with green onions and parsley. Makes 4-6 servings.
Read the entire article at www.tastyhealthrecipes4u.blogspot.com.