- 14 oz Premio Hot & Spicy Chicken Sausage
- 8 whole shallots, peeled and quartered
- 1 fennel (anise) bulb, thinly sliced
- 2 Gala apples, cored and sliced
- 1 bunch watercress, Upland cress, arugula or other spicy green, picked over and washed
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 2 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 4-5 ounces extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper and additional olive oil
How to make Hot & Spicy Summer Salad:
1. Pre-heat oven to 375 degress (F).
2. Roast shallots with salt, pepper, and 2 tablespoons olive oil until brown and soft. Reserve, with their juices.
3. Brown Premio Hot & Spicy Chicken Sausage well on all sides, cooking according to package instructions. Remove and reserve.
4. Whisk together orange and lemon juices with olive oil. Toss together apples, fennel and watercress with dressing. Reserve some dressing to drizzle on finished salad.
5. Cut each sausage into thin slices.
6. Arrange watercress mixture on platter or bowl. Top with sausage and shallots. Drizzle with dressing as desired.