- 2 tbsp. olive oil, divided
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 package of Premio Hot Italian Sausage, removed from casings
- 1 medium green pepper, diced
- 3 ribs of celery, diced
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 can of black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can of chili beans
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 large can of diced tomatoes
- 1 can of petite diced tomatoes with chilies
- 1 cup water
- Season with chili seasoning, cumin, salt, and pepper to taste
How to make Hot Italian Chili :
1. Add 1 tbsp. of olive oil to pan and saute ground beef and sausage until brown.
2. Place sausage and beef mixture into slow cooker (make sure slow cooker has warmed).
3. In the same pan, add remaining oil. Saute pepper, celery, onion and garlic over medium heat until translucent and add to slow cooker.
4. Add beans, tomatoes, chili seasoning, cumin, salt and pepper to slow cooker.
5. Cook on low for 4 hours for flavors to blend.
6. Serve with crackers, shredded cheese, and sour cream.