- 12 ounces Premio mild Italian sausage, cut into small pieces
- 3/4 cup red onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup orange pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup celery, chopped
- 2/3 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup butter
- 5 cups dry white bread cubes
- 4 cups crumbled corn bread
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- 3/4 cups toasted pine nuts
- 1 1/4 to 1 ½ cups vegetable broth
How to make Savory Stuffing:
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees
2. In a large skillet cook Premio Sweet/Mild Italian Sausage until brown. Drain and set aside.
3. In the same skillet cook onion, pepper and celery in hot butter until tender. Set aside
4. In a large bowl combine bread cubes and corn bread. Add sausage, onion mixture, cranberries, poultry seasoning, pepper, and pine nuts.
5. Drizzle mixture with enough broth to moisten (about 1 cup). Toss lightly to combine.
6. Place stuffing in a two quart casserole and bake at 325 degrees uncovered for 30 to 45 minutes or until heated through
Premio Sweet Italian Sausage Meat