How to make Scrumptious Stuffed Mushrooms:
- 8-oz. Premio Sweet Italian Chicken Sausage with Kale
- 2 8-oz. packages Baby Bella mushrooms
- 4-oz. shredded sharp white cheddar cheese
- 4-oz. shredded Swiss cheese
- 4-oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup Italian breadcrumbs
- 2/3 cup red wine, approximately
- 2 Tbsp. butter
1. Remove sausage from the casing and brown on medium-high heat.
2. Wash mushrooms and remove stems. Set caps on paper towel to drain; set stems aside.
3. Combine all cheeses, 2 Tbsp. red wine and cooked sausage in a large bowl; mix well. Fill mushroom caps with cheese mixture so that they have a slightly rounded top. Add breadcrumbs to a small bowl. Dip stuffed mushrooms cheesy side into breadcrumbs.
4. Using a 9x9 buttered baking pan, add stuffed mushrooms, cheesy-side up. Once mushrooms are in pan, add wine so that it covers roughly the bottom half of mushroom (this is where the amount of wine is approximate, as it depends upon mushroom sizes).
5. Preheat oven/toaster oven to 350 degrees (F). Cook for 15-20 minutes, until cheese has melted.
6. Place on a serving dish and serve while hot.
Premio Sweet Italian Sausage Meat, Premio Italian Chicken Sausage with Cheese & Garlic.