- 1 lb. Premio Sweet Italian Sausage, removed from casings
- 1 lb. rigatoni or spaghetti
- 5 eggs, beaten
- 3/4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
How to make Premio Carbonara:
1. Boil water in a large pot. Add pasta and cook until al dente, according to instructions on package.
2. Remove casings from Premio sausage and crumble. In a large frying pan, brown sausage.
3. Drain pasta and reserve 1 tbsp. of pasta water. Drain sausage and reserve 1/2 tbsp. of the drippings.
4. Add cooked sausage to cooked pasta and mix well. Add reserved pasta water and drippings from sausage.
5. Add egss and cheese, and stir constantly. Cook over low heat until eggs are just cooked. Serve immediately.