- 1 lb. Premio Sweet/Mild Italian Sausage
- Favorite tomato sauce
- 1 package frozen puff pastry sheets, thawed
- 1/2 cup Mozzerella cheese
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- Egg wash (one egg 2 T water)
- Fresh Parmesan cheese for garnish
- Fresh basil for garnish
How to make Premio Sausage Pinwheels:
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cook sausage in skillet on med-high heat, chop with wooden spoon, into small pieces as it cooks. Drain on paper towels.
- Lay pastry sheets out on floured surface, one at a time. Use rolling pin to flatten and smooth pastry - roll once across and once up and down. Spread half of sauce on each pastry sheet. Then sprinkle half of sausage and cheese on each sheet.
- Starting at bottom of pastry sheet, roll very slowly and tightly to make a pastry log. Use egg wash to seal edge.
- Cut 1/4 inch slices and place on cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. Brush each pinwheel with a little egg wash.
- Bake for approximately 15 to 20 minutes until golden brown.
- Garnish with shaved Parmesan and fresh basil.
- Serve warm.