- 1 lb. Premio Cajun Sausage
- 1 lb. large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 lb. linguine
- 6 TBSP. Cajun seasoning, divided
- 2 TBSP. butter
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- 1 1/2 TSP. crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 5 TBSP. Worcestershire sauce
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 TBSP. black pepper
- 1/2 TSP. chili powder
- 1/2 TSP. salt
- 1/2 cup butter, sliced
- 1 1/2 cups parmesan cheese, grated
|How to make Cajun Sausage and Shrimp Afredo:
1. Place the peeled shrimp and 3 TBSP. Cajun seasoning in a bag and shake; refrigerate while you prepare the sauce.
2. Grill sausage according to package directions, until almost done.
3. Heat a deep skillet over medium-high heat. Add 1 TBSP. butter and almost-done sausage, and sauté for 2 minutes, stirring often.
4. Add onions and sauté for additional 2 minutes.
5. Add red pepper and garlic, and cook for additional minute; add Worcestershire sauce.
6. Cook pasta according to package directions.
7. Add cream, milk, remaining Cajun seasoning, pepper, chili powder and salt to skillet; stir to a consistent color.
8. Add 2 TBSP. butter and stir until melted.
9. Stir in cheese and cook until cheese is melted; lower heat to a simmer.
10. In a separate skillet, heat the remaining butter and sauté shrimp for 1-2 minutes per side, or until they start to turn pink.
11. Add shrimp and cooked pasta to sauce, stirring to combine flavors, for about 1 minute. Serve and enjoy.
Submitted by: Jill R.
Summer 2013 Grilling Recipe Contest