- 6 tbsp butter or margarine
- 1 tbsp. oil
- 1- 3/4lb. pkg. chicken tenders ( sliced thin)
- 3 tbsp Bayou Cajun spice
- 1-large pkg. mushrooms (10 ounces) sliced such as , white button, Portabella, shiitake etc.
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1-16ounce package Premio sweet Italian sausages
- 1- cup heavy cream
- 1- small jar (7 ounces) red roasted peppers, drained and sliced thin
- 1-cup chicken broth
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 tbsp garlic powder
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1'2 cup Parmesan cheese
- 16 ounces Penne, or Rigatoni pasta
|How to make Chicken ala Ron:
• Toss chicken tenders with the Bayou Cajun spice, shake off excess.
• In a large skillet. Melt 2 tbsp butter or margarine.
• Add chicken tenders, and cook till no longer pink inside, (5-6 minutes, )remove and set aside
• In same skillet cook sliced mushrooms in 2 tbsp butter or margarine, when almost browned add wine and reduce to half, set aside.
• In same skillet saute chopped onions in 2 tbsp. butter, or margarine, set aside.
• Remove the Premio Sweet/Mild Italian Sausage from the casings.
• In same skillet cook the Premio sweet Italian sausage in a the oil, breaking apart, til browned.
• In the same skillet, to the sausage add, mushrooms, chicken tenders, broth, heavy cream, parsley, onions, red roasted peppers, garlic powder, and cheese, mix well. Cook pasta to pkg directions.
• Add cooked pasta to 6 large bowls ladle mushroom mixture over pasta, Serves 6.