How to make Chorizo and Queso Fresco Tamales:
For green chili
1. In a sauce pot, brown Premio Chorizo Sausage and set aside.
2. In the same pot add remaining ingredients and bring to a boil.
3. Cover and simmer for 30 min or tomatillos are tender.
4. Strain and save liquid.
5. Puree in blender and add cooking liquid for desired texture.
6. Add chorizo and simmer for 10 min.
To make tamales
1. Soak corn husks for 2 hours… over night is ideal
2. Place corn husk on table and fill with 3-4 oz of masa.
3. Place 1 tbsp of chorizo, 1 tbsp of cheese, 1 tbsp of chili, and ½ tbsp of jalapeno in center of masa.
4. Roll husk over on itself to form tamale and fold ends under tamale.
5. Steam tamales for 45 min.
Serve tamales smothered with chili and topped with cheese.