How to make CrabbyChorizo Quesadillas:
- In a sauté pan, brown Premio Chorizo sausage and cut into penny size slices, then cut them in half; set aside
- In a separate sauté pan add 1 Tbsp. olive oil and bell peppers and cook over medium heat until soft. Add all spices to the pepper mixture.
- Add sausage and crab meat to pepper mixture and mix on low heat for 2 minutes; set aside to build quesadillas.
- Spread 2-oz. cream cheese over 2 tortillas, until smooth. Add sausage and crab mixture evenly over cream cheese and top with grated Monterey and Swiss cheeses. Top with flour tortilla.
- Brush remaining olive oil over the top quesadilla and bake on a cookie sheet at 400 degrees (F) for 12-15 minutes, or until golden brown and crisp. Cut into 3 inch pie shape slices and serve with your favorite salsa.
Yields: 8-10 slices
Submitted by: Ellen M.
Winter Recipe Contest 2014-2015