|How to make Crisp and Tangy Grilled Summer Sausage Salad:
1. Shave fennel with a mandolin or very sharp knife; place in bowl of very cold water to keep crisp and white.
2. Wash and dry spinach.
3. Chop scallions into 1/8” scallion rounds.
4. Zest orange; reserve for dressing.
5. Skin orange; cut white off sides and then cut oranges into ½” circles. Cut each circle in half.
6. To make the dressing, whisk oil, vinegar, orange zest, salt and pepper together.
7. Using a gas grill, grill chicken sausage until done (about 25-30 minutes); cut sausages on the diagonal into ½” slices.
8. Drain and pat dry fennel.
9. Arrange salad on four plates: spinach, followed by fennel, oranges, and then one sausage per person.
10. Sprinkle scallions on top and drizzle dressing on top; serve.
Submitted by: Amy B.
Summer 2013 Grilling Recipe Contest