How to make Crockpot Lasagna:
- Finely dice the onion and sauté with the oil on medium-high heat. Crumble sausage into pan with onion and cook until it is a golden brown color.
- Mix 1 ½ cups mozzarella cheese, 2 cups ricotta cheese and the beaten egg in a bowl.
- Pour a thin layer of pasta sauce to the bottom of the slow cooker. Put a layer of noodles; scoop sausage mix over pasta. Cover sausage with cheese mixture.
- Pour pasta sauce over cheese layer and until repeat process until all sausage and cheese mixtures are depleted.
- Add about 1 cup of water or beef stock. Cover the lid and cook on low heat for 8 hours.
- 15 minutes before serving, sprinkle remaining ½ cup of mozzarella cheese on top, and place the ceramic container in a 375 degree (F) oven until cheese melts and has a golden color.
Submitted by: Mel B.
Winter Recipe Contest 2014-2015