How to make Extreme Sausage and Butternut Squash:
- Chop and quarter squash. Add to pot with water, cover, add salt and bring to a boil.
- Chop and crumble Premio sausage; sauté in skillet until browned.
- While sausage is browning, chop onion, bell pepper and mushrooms.
- Grate ginger root and garlic clove.
- Drain sausage, drain squash and set both aside.
- Add 1 Tbsp. butter to a large skillet. Over medium heat, add ingredients and cook until desired tenderness, stirring occasionally.
Submitted by: Rachel B.
Winter Recipe Contest 2014-2015