How to make Green Chile and Hot Sausage Quiche:
• Process flour and salt in food processor until well mixed (20 sec.)
• Cut butter and shortening into small pieces (~1") and add to food processor bowl. Process with short bursts until mixture resembles coarse meal.
• With motor running, add water 1 Tbsp. at a time until dough clumps together.
• Remove dough, gather into ball, and flatten into disk. Wrap with plastic wrap.
• Let rest in refrigerator for at least 1 hour. (Recipe may be doubled, with half frozen for later use.)
• Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
• Roll out pie crust to fit 9" glass pie plate and crimp edges.
• Blind bake (prebake) empty crust for 10 minutes.
• Cook Premio Sausage with scallions until sausage is brown. Drain fat.
• Add well drained chiles and cheese to sausage mixture.
• Spoon mixture into shell.
• Beat eggs with cream, sage, and nutmeg. Pour into shell.
• Bake 40 to 45 minutes until firm. Let stand 5-7 minutes and serve.