Grilled Chorizo Melts with Honey-Chipotle Cream
- 1 package Premio Argentinian Chorizo Sausage, frozen and thawed
- 1 package Premio Tomato, Garlic & Rosemary Sausage, frozen and thawed
- 1 ¼ cups shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 4 TBSP. olive oil, divided use
- 1 large red onion, cut into rounds
- 6 Ciabatta bread rolls (or rustic country bread, or buns)
- 6 TBSP. sour cream
- 2 TBSP. chipotle peppers w/ 2 TBSP. adobo sauce
- 6 TBSP. honey
- 2 firm, ripe avocados, pitted and sliced
|How to make Grilled Chorizo Melts with Honey-Chipotle Cream:
1. Remove the meat from the sausage casings and place sausage in a mixing bowl; work it with your hands until well combined.
2. Form sausage mixture into 6 thick patties, the length of the buns. Make a pocket in the center of each patty and fill with about one TSPB. cheese, and cover cheese with meat.
3. Oil grate of the grill with olive oil and heat grill to medium; grill patties about 5 minutes per side, until cooked through.
4. Brush olive oil on onion slices and grill until cooked through.
5. Brush olive oil on cut sides of each bun and grill them on side of grill until golden brown.
6. Whisk together, or in a blender, the sour cream peppers and honey; taste and adjust ingredients as needed.
7. To assemble, spread dollops of chipotle-honey cream on buns, top with patties, avocados and grilled onions, and close the sandwiches and enjoy!
Note: Guacamole can be substituted for avocado slices.
Submitted by: Diane H.
Summer 2013 Grilling Recipe Contest