- 2 Premio Sweet Italian Chicken Sausage link
- 8-oz. store bought prepared refrigerated polenta, cut into ½-inch slices
- 2 TBSP. vegetable oil
- 1/2 red bell pepper, seeds and veins removed
- 1/2 tomato, chopped
- 1/2 cup peeled cucumber, chopped and seeds removed
- 1/4 cup sweet onion, chopped
- 1 TSP. capers, drained and chopped
- 2-oz. feta cheese, crumbled
- 1/4 cup pitted Kalamata olives, chopped
- 2 Greek peppers, seeds removed and minced
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 TSP. Dijon mustard
- 1 TBSP. white balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 TSP. lemon juice
- 1 1/2 TBSP. extra-virgin olive oil
- Additional fresh basil, for garnish
|How to make Grilled Italian Chicken Sausage Polenta Panzanella Salad:
1. Preheat gas grill. Place sausage links on grill over medium heat, for 25-30 minutes.
2. Using tongs, turn links often, until golden brown; remove from grill and set aside to cool, for 5 minutes. Cut into ¼-inch slices.
3. Brush slices of polenta with vegetable oil. Place polenta onto grill and cook until lightly brown; turn slices over and cook second side in the same manner. Set aside to cool slightly before cutting into ½-inch cubes.
4. Place the bell pepper onto grill and cook until it begins to soften and turn lightly brown, turning once while cooking; set aside to cool slightly before chopping.
5. In a large bowl, place the sausage, polenta, pepper, tomato, cucumber, onion, capers, feta cheese, olives, Greek peppers and basil; toss to combine.
6. In a small bowl, place the garlic, mustard, vinegar and lemon juice; whisk to combine.
7. Add the olive oil and whisk fully, to combine.
8. Pour over sausage mixture, toss to coat and garnish with additional fresh basil, and enjoy.
Submitted by: Debbie R.
Summer 2013 Grilling Recipe Contest