Grilled Sausage and Artichokes
- 1 lb. Premio Sweet Italian sausage links
- 1 TBSP. olive oil
- 1/2 cup onion, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 package (14-oz.) frozen quartered artichoke hearts
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 3/4 cup provolone cheese, grated
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/2 TSP. salt
- 1/4 TSP. red pepper flakes
- 3/4 cup seasoned bread crumbs
|How to make Grilled Sausage and Artichokes:
1. Preheat grill to medium-high heat (about 350 degrees). Grill sausages until browned and cooked through; transfer to cutting board and slice.
2. Heat oil in a heavy skillet over grill and sauté onions and red bell pepper, for about 5 minutes. Add garlic and continue cooking for an additional minute.
3. Add thawed artichokes and cook until warmed through.
4. Remove from heat and mix in mayonnaise and provolone cheese.
5. Toss with cooked sausage; season with salt and red pepper flakes.
6. Place into a casserole dish. Top with bread crumbs and grated parmesan cheese, and bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes, until browned.
Yields: 4 servings
Submitted by: Greg F.
Summer 2013 Grilling Recipe Contest