Grilled Sausage-Apple Slaw
- 2 Premio Grandes Maple Breakfast Sausages
- 4 Fuji apples (about 1- 1 ½ lbs. total), cored and peeled
- 4 cups green cabbage, finely shredded
- 2/3 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
- 3 TBSP. light brown sugar
- 1 TBSP. Dijon mustard
- 1/3 cup roasted pecans, finely chopped
|How to make Grilled Sausage-Apple Slaw:
1. Blend all the ingredients, except pecans, in a food processor, or by hand until well combined; stir in pecans.
Yields: 1 cup
1. Place cabbage in a large mixing bowl and add ½ cup dressing; toss to combine well and set aside.
2. Grill sausages according to package directions.
3. Cut apples into ¼” thick rings.
4. About 6 minutes before sausage is done grilling, place apple rings on grill; cover and cook for 3 minutes on each side.
5. Divide cabbage evenly on each of 8 serving plates.
6. Slice grilled sausage into ¼” thick slices crosswise and divide evenly on top of cabbage on plates.
7. Place grilled apple slices on top and drizzle with remaining dressing (1 TBSP. for each plate).
Yields: 8 servings
Submitted by: Candy B.
Summer 2013 Grilling Recipe Contest