How to make Italian Sausage and Sweet Potato Hash:
- Place diced sweet potatoes in a microwavable-safe bowl with ½ cup water. Cover and cook on high heat until potatoes are tender, about 6 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- In a large skillet, toast walnut pieces over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally, until toasted and nicely browned, about 5 minutes. Remove to a plate and set aside.
- Increase heat to medium-high. Into the skillet, add one tsp. of oil, and then add Premio sausage and cook, stirring occasionally, until browned, about 8-10 minutes. Remove sausage to a paper towel-lined plate.
- Add onions to the skillet (if there’s not enough fat in the pan from the sausage, add 1 Tbsp. olive oil). Sauté until soft and translucent, about 8 minutes.
- Add sweet potatoes, walnuts and sausage to the onions. Stir until combined and sweet potatoes are beginning to brown, about 5-8 minutes (you may want to add 1-2 more Tbsp. olive oil to help the ingredients combine and finish cooking).
- Top with chopped cilantro or parsley and serve!
Submitted by: Jessicca O.
Winter Recipe Contest 2014-2015