Just a Peachy & Poppin’ Premio Bruschetta
- 5 Premio Argentinian Chorizo Sausages
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 French baguette, sliced into 10-12 pieces
- 1 1/2 cups peaches, sliced
- 3 TBSP. cilantro
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 1 TSP. Mexican blend spice
- 3 oz. garlic & herbs
- Soft spreadable cheese
|How to make Just a Peachy & Poppin’ Premio Bruschetta:
1. Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
2. Brush all sides of bread slices with ¾ of the olive oil. Grill bread slices for about 1 minute or so; turn and grill until bread slices have golden –brown grill marks.
3. Grill peach slices for about 2 minutes; turn and grill for another 2 minutes or so (peaches should have golden-brown grills marks). Remove from grill and chop.
4. Grill sausage on medium-high grill, covered, for 15-20 minutes or until cooked through and browned; remove from grill. Slice ¼ inch thick on the bias.
5. Light the grill side burner. Place peach juice in a small sauce pan; bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer until reduced to 1/3.
6. Combine remaining olive oil, peaches, cilantro, red onion and Mexican blend spice in a small mixing bowl.
7. Spread bread slices with spreadable cheese, followed by sausage slices and peach salsa. Drizzle peach syrup from pan over bruschetta.
Yields: 10-12 servings (appetizers)
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20-25 minutes
Submitted by: Sherri W.
Summer 2013 Grilling Recipe Contest