Loaded Sausage & Peppers Hash Hero
- 6 Premio Sweet/Mild Italian Sausage links, partially frozen and sliced in half
- Hero bread, fresh and crispy
- 6 slices provolone cheese
- 1 small green pepper, 1/2-inch diced
- 1 medium red pepper, 1/2-inch diced
- 1 medium onion, 1/2-inch diced
- 1 small Idaho potato, 1/4-inch diced
- 1/2 cup chopped frozen spinach
- 1 mild jalapeño, chopped
- 2 TBSP. fresh parsley
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 TSP. garlic powder
- Fresh cracked pepper
|How to make Loaded Sausage & Peppers Hash Hero:
1. Heat vegetable oil in a pan and add in diced potatoes. Cook until golden and crispy. Remove cooked potatoes and retain half of the vegetable oil in the pan; add in olive oil.
2. Add the green peppers, red peppers, onion, jalapeño and frozen spinach, and cook until vegetables are soft.
3. Add back the potato, garlic powder, salt and pepper to taste; cook for 2 more minutes on medium heat.
4. Remove from heat and mix in fresh parsley.
5. Lubricate your grill with oil; heat grill to 400 degrees.
6. Place sliced sausage on grill and brown on both sides until cooked through, flipping often (sliced sausage will grill very quickly).
7. Slice your bread in half; place 3 slices of provolone cheese on each hero.
8. Place sliced sausage on top of provolone cheese.
9. Spoon the pepper hash on top of sausage and enjoy.
Yields: 2 servings
Submitted by: Harry M.
Summer 2013 Grilling Recipe Contest