How to make Make-Do Alfredo:
- Cut the spaghetti squash in half and take out all the seeds and membrane. Place on a cookie sheet and apply cooking spray on top of the squash with a pinch of salt. Roast until tender in a 350 degree (F) oven (about 25 minutes).
- While the squash is roasting cook the Premio sausage in a pan and let it cool and rest.
- In the same pan that the sausage got done cooking in, sauté the diced onion and minced garlic until it is translucent. Once this happens place the baby spinach in the pan and sauté for about 5 minutes, or until the spinach has wilted.
- Once the squash is cool enough to handle, use a fork to scrape out the inside of the squash (into a large pot) away from its skin. Slice the sausage into nice bite-size pieces and place into the pot; also place the onion, garlic and spinach into the same pot.
- On a low flame pour the Alfredo sauce into the pot and stir everything together; add salt and pepper to taste.
Submitted by: Delaci H.
Winter Recipe Contest 2014-2015