How to make My Sweet Ravioli:
- Break up Premio sausage in a large bowl and add veal/lamb. Mix well with your hands.
- Cook spinach for about 4 minutes. Let drain until dry (you can squeeze it out to remove moisture). Add to meat mixture. Add remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Roll out ravioli dough. Place about ½ tsp. of meat/spinach mixture, spaced to the size of ravioli you desire (I space mine about 1” apart on dough).
- Take a pastry brush or your finger and wet the dough in-between your meat fillings and around the edges.
- Lay another sheet of dough on top and gently run finger between fillings, to seal dough. Cut your raviolis with a knife or pastry cutter wheel (you can cover and store on a cookie sheet lined with parchment, wax or plastic in the refrigerator until ready to use, up to 24 hours).
- Boil a large pot of salted water. Drop your raviolis into boiling water, gently stirring so as not to have them stick together. Boil for 7 minutes.
- Place a little of sauce in bottom of your serving bowl. Remove raviolis with slotted spoon and place in bowl. Add more of your sauce to your liking. Serve with warm bread and salad, and enjoy!
Submitted by: Anna K.
Winter Recipe Contest 2014-2015