Neapolitan Ziti and Sausage
- 1 package Premio Hot Italian sausage
- 1 small bunch broccoli rabe, cut into 2-inch lengths
- 1 lb. ziti, cooked according to package instructions for al dente
- 2 TBSP. olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 can (14.5-oz.) petite diced tomatoes
- 1/2 TSP. dried basil leaves
- 1/3 cup Romano cheese, grated
- Salt (to taste)
- Black pepper (to taste)
- Garnish: fresh basil sprigs
|How to make Neapolitan Ziti and Sausage:
1. Heat grill to medium-high heat. Add sausages to grill and grill for about 15 minutes, turning to brown all over; remove from grill to cool slightly.
2. Sauté broccoli rabe in olive oil over medium heat until slightly wilted; add garlic and cook for additional minute.
3. Stir in tomatoes and basil leaves, and cook until broccoli rabe is tender; stir in 2 TBSP. of grated Romano cheese.
4. Cut cooled sausages across, into half-inch rounds, and add to tomato mixture; heat through and season to taste with salt and black pepper.
5. Drain ziti and return to same pan. Pour in sausage mixture over ziti and toss lightly to coat evenly.
6. Mound onto a large pasta serving bowl; sprinkle with remaining Romano cheese and garnish with fresh basil sprigs.
Yields: 6 servings
Submitted by: Gilda L.
Summer 2013 Grilling Recipe Contest