- 2 lbs. Premio Pepper, Onion & Mushroom Italian Sausage
- 1 cup yellow onion, diced
- 1 cup green pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup mushrooms, sliced
- 4 slices white American cheese
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 4 French rolls, split lengthwise
- 4 TBSP. vegetable oil
- 1/2 TSP. garlic powder
- 1/2 TSP. Italian seasoning
- 1/4 TSP. kosher salt
- 1/4 TSP. black pepper
- 1/4 TSP. Worcestershire sauce
|How to make Pepper, Onion & Mushroom Italian Sausage Cheesesteak:
1. Grill sausages according to package directions, until done.
2. In a 12-inch skillet, add oil, green pepper, onion, mushrooms, garlic powder, Italian seasoning, Worcestershire sauce, salt and black pepper; cook until done.
3. Toast sliced French rolls and add sliced white American cheese (this allows the cheese to melt and the bread to get warm); add vegetable mixture to bread
4. Using a spatula, remove the bread w/cheese and place on a sheet of aluminum foil; add sausage to bread.
5. Sprinkle cheddar cheese on top of meat and wrap sandwich in foil.
6. Place in oven, at 350 degrees, for 3-4 minutes.
7. Open foil and top sandwich with mayo; cut in half and enjoy.
Yields: 4 servings (sandwiches)
Submitted by: April W.
Summer 2013 Grilling Recipe Contest