Pot Stickers That I Can’t Tell Mom About
- 1 package Premio chicken sausage or breakfast sausage (choose your favorite flavor)
- 1 package Chinese dumplings or wonton skins
- Ground beef
- Cabbage (or Napa, Bok choi, leafy spinach, etc.)
- 1 green onion (or yellow onion)
- 1 TSP. onion powder
- 1-2 garlic cloves
- Shredded cheddar cheese (optional)
- Bacon, cooked and drained (optional)
|How to make Pot Stickers That I Can’t Tell Mom About:
1. Grill sausage according to package directions; cut into small pieces and set aside.
2. Place all other filling ingredients in a food processor and blend until smooth.
3. Fill each dumpling skin with approximately a teaspoon of filling and sausage pieces.
4. With a finger, put a little water on half of the dumplings/wonton skin and fold the skin over, filling and sealing with your hands (any unused filling may be frozen for later use).
5. Place dumplings in boiling water and cook until they float. You can also pan-fry them by pan-frying the bottom layer of each dumpling and adding water to steam them.
Submitted by: Peter C.
Summer 2013 Grilling Recipe Contest