How to make Premio Cheese & Garlic Chicken Sausage with Penne:
• Boil water for pasta and to blanch broccoli rabe.
• Brown Premio Cheese & Garlic Chicken sausage well, remove from heat and reserve.
• Meanwhile cook 3/4 pound penne in plenty of salted water. Remove pasta from water; RESERVE PASTA WATER. Add chopped broccoli rabe into the pasta water, cook for a few minutes to blanch.
• In the same pan that you browned the sausage; toss tomatoes with olive oil to coat, and salt and pepper. Brown over very high heat until skin blisters.
• Reduce heat and add garlic, cook gently until garlic is soft. Add pepper flakes and crushed tomatoes and tomato paste. Mix well and cook 5 minutes over high heat to dry.
• Add broth, simmer until grape tomatoes are soft and broth is reduced by ½.
• Toss together the sausage and their juices, tomatoes and broth, and broccoli rabe.
• Add pasta. Add parsley leaves, check seasoning, and drizzle with olive oil. Serve with warm Italian bread.
• Serves 4-6