How to make Premio Chorizo and Cheese Empanadas:
1. In Sautee pan on high heat cook chorizo until cooked through. Remove from pan and set aside
2. In same pan cook onions, peppers, garlic until they appear glassy. Remove from pan and let cool.
3. When cold mix all ingredients in mixing bowl.
1. In mixing bowl combine salt and flour.
2. Add shortening in small pieces.
3. Stir in water to form dough and knead for 5 min.
4. Roll out dough to 1/8 inch thick and cut into 4 inch circles.
1. In small bowl mix egg and water.
2. On a table sprinkled with flour place dough rounds.
3. Place one large spoon full of filling in center of each round.
4. Lightly wet edges of dough with egg mixture.
5. Fold dough rounds over and seal with a fork.
6. Fry in vegetable oil at 330 degrees.