How to make Premio Chorizo, Black Bean and Chipotle Dip:
1. Heat oven to 425 degrees (F). Spray a 2-quart baking dish with cooking spray and heat 1 Tbsp. oil in a large skillet.
2. Remove Premio Chorizo sausage from casings and cook over medium heat until sausages are cooked through and crumbled, about 15-20 minutes. Remove from pan to paper towel and set aside.
3. Wipe out skillet and add remaining Tbsp. of olive oil. Add onion and salt, and sauté until onion is translucent.
4. Add garlic and chili powder and cook for about one minute.
5. Add half of black beans, chipotles with adobo sauce and 3/4 cup water. Heat for 3 minutes or until heated through. Transfer bean mixture to food processor, add vinegar and process until smooth.
6. In a large bowl, combine the puree mixture, cooked sausage, rest of beans, tomatoes, corn, 3/4 cup cheddar, 3/4 cup Monterey Jack and ½ cup cilantro. Pour into baking dish, sprinkle with remaining cheese and bake for 15 minutes or until cheese melts and browns.
7. Sprinkle with remaining cilantro and serve with Super Grains Dippin’ Chips.
Yields: 12 servings
Submitted by: Mary L.