How to make Premio Easy Italian Torta:
1. If making curst: Stir flour and salt in a large bowl. Beat in shortening until coarse crumbs form. In a small bowl, combine eggs, water and vinegar. Add to flour mixture and beat until moistened. Wrap in plastic and chill.)
2. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray or grease bottom and sides of an 8-9 inch spring form pan. Roll 1/2 of dough into a circle and press onto bottom and up sides of pan.
3. Fill crust with remaining ingredients, except egg yolk, layering them in order. Roll out final 1/2 of crust into an 8-inch circle and place atop fillings, pinching seams with bottom crust to seal.
4. Make vent holes with a fork, then brush with egg yolk and bake for 50 minutes.
5. Let rest for 15 minutes then remove from pan. Slice into wedges.
Recipe submitted by Joni H.
Comments: Travels well. Delicious hot or cold.
Other Premio Sausages you can use in this recipe:
Premio Sweet Italian Chicken Sausage