Premio Fire-Side Sausage-Bean Supper
- 2-1/2 pounds Premio Sweet/Mild Italian Sausage links , cut into 2- 3-inch pieces
- 3 pints cherry tomatoes
- 1 medium-large onion, cut into 1 1/2-inch chunks
- 4 garlic cloves, sliced
- 3 Tablespoons Extra-virgin olive oil
- 1-1/2 Tablespoons Balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme leaves
- 2 whole bay leaves
- Salt and pepper
- 3 Cans (16-ounce ea) white beans, such as cannellini, drained, with 1/2 Cup of liquid from the beans reserved
|How to make Premio Fire-Side Sausage-Bean Supper:
Adjust oven rack to lowest position and, 5 minutes before you are ready to put the food in, turn the oven on to 425° F.
Mix everything but beans and their reserved liquid in a roasting pan. Set pan in oven. Roast until sausages are brown and tomatoes have reduced to a thick sauce, about 45 minutes. Remove from oven, stir in beans and reserved liquid, and continue cooking until casserole has heated through, about 10 minutes longer. Remove bay leaves and transfer to a large serving bowl, serve and enjoy!!