How to make Premio Sausage & Finocchio(Fennel) Ciabatta:
1. Sauté Premio Sweet/Mild Italian Sausage in olive oil, piercing them so their natural juices drip out while cooking and they are browned on the outside.
2. Take them out of pan and cut into bite sized piece on an angle. Place them back in pan and sauté until browned on all sides.
3. Remove sausage from pan and add the sliced onion and Finocchio and cook until caramelized (about 10 minutes).
4. Add sausage back into pan and toss all together for a few more minutes.
5. Slice the Ciabatta rolls in half and take whole garlic clove and cut an end off. Rub the garlic on the rolls so it absorbs flavor.
6. Add sausage and fennel mixture to Ciabatta roll. Add mozzarella, few slices of roasted red peppers, salt and pepper to rolls.
7. Wrap tightly in foil and back at 350 degrees for 15 minutes.
Recipe submitted by Lisa M.
Other Premio Sausages you can use in this recipe:
Premio Sweet Italian Chicken Sausage