How to make Premio Sausage Rolls
1. Place diced onion in microwave safe bowl with 2 tablespoons of water. Cover with plastic wrap and cook on HIGH for 5 minutes. Let cool.
2. Unroll 1 package of crescent dough and pinch dough to close the seams. You will have 1 large sheet of the dough. Lightly sprinkle the dough with garlic powder. Remove sausage meat from the casings of one full package. Spread the raw meat on the dough generously. Spread half of the cooled onions on the meat. Sprinkle half the shredded cheese on top of the onions. Roll the dough starting at one of the short ends until you have 1 large log. Wrap in wax paper and refrigerate. Repeat with remaining ingredients.
3. When you are ready to bake, remove log from wax paper and slice with a serrated knife into 8 pieces.
4. Place on un-greased cookie sheet approximately 1-2 inches apart. Bake at 375 degrees for approximately 30 minutes or until rolls are a dark golden brown on the bottom and the sausage is cooked. Remove with spatula and enjoy.
5. Make approximately 8 servings of 2 each. Great party appetizer or side with a cup of soup or a salad.
Recipe submitted by Andrea N.