How to make Premio Skewered Sausage Pepper Overload:
1. Remove casings from 4 Premio Hot Italian Sausage and chop them up. Place in a skillet with onions and garlic. Cook at medium heat until sausages are brown.
2. Remove from heat and drain. Add half the cheese, rice, diced apple, black beans, hominy, peach preserves, craisins and cumin. Stir well.
3. Cut peppers in half length-wise. Remove membranes. Spoon the sausage mixture into the cut peppers.
4. Cut remaining apple into 12 wedges. Cut remaining sausage into 6 coins.
5. Skewer apple, sausage, apple and stick into peppers.
6. Place peppers in a large baking dish. Cover with tin foil and bake at 425 degrees for 25-30 minutes, according to doneness of pepper.
7. 10 minutes before removing, top peppers with remaining cheese. Serve.
Recipe submitted by Rebecca B.