Premio Sweet Italian Sausage with Risotto and Radicchio
- 1 pkg. Premio Sweet Italian Sausage, removed from casing and crumbled
- 2 Tbsp. Olive oil
- 1 med. Onion, chopped fine
- 2 heads radicchio cored and chopped
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1-1/2 cups Arborio rice (Italian short grain)
- 6-8 cups warmed chicken or vegetable broth
- 2 Tbsp. Butter
- 2/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
|How to make Premio Sweet Italian Sausage with Risotto and Radicchio:
1. Heat oil in large heavy skillet or sauce pot over medium heat. Add Premio Sweet/Mild Italian Sausage and onion and cook 6-8 minutes breaking up sausage. Add radicchio and cook 3 minutes. 2. Add rice and stir until rice is hot, (3-5 minutes). Add wine and stir until dry.
3. Add 2 cups of broth and cook stirring often until rice absorbs liquid. Add remaining broth ½ cup at a time and stirring often until rice is creamy but still slightly al dente (15-20 min.)
4. Remove from heat and cover for 5-8 min. Stir in butter and cheese vigorously. Serve.