How to make Premio Womanwich:
1. Slice onion width-wise and put into large stainless steel pan. Place on high flame with ¼ cup water and 1 tsp. salt. Put a lid on it.
2. When it starts to "boil," lower flame to a simmer and stir with wooden spoon.
3. Prepare peppers by slicing and seeding.
4. Add olive oil to the onions and continue to occasionally stir until water is evaporated.
5. When onion starts to brown, add in peppers. Place lid back on.
6. Cut Premio Sweet Basil Sausage into 1/2 inch discs.
7. Occasionally stir peppers and onions until peppers look wilted. Always taste test as you go.
8. When peppers are wilted enough or taste kind of soft, they’re done. Transfer them to a bowl.
9. Place sausage chunks into same pan as olive oil and cook them with lid on, tossing them occasionally with wooden spoon or spatula.
10. Sausages are done when they’re slightly browned. Turn off flame.
11. Slice bread down center length-wise and put half of pepper and onion mixture onto bread.
12. Add sausages and eat!
Recipe submitted by Catherine T.