How to make Premio's Stadium Sausage & Peppers:
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add 3 Tbsp. water and place sausage links in pan and cover. Continue heating for 10-12 minutes, turning links often. Remove cover and continue cooking 5-10 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove sausage from pan and set aside. Keeping the pan over medium heat, add the peppers, onions, salt and pepper, and cook until golden brown, about 5 minutes. Add the Italian seasoning and garlic, and cook for additional 2 minutes.
- Add white wine, stir to combine, scraping the bottom of the pan to release all the browned bits. Add in marinara sauce and sausage, stir to combine and bring to a simmer.
- Cut rolls in half and butter both sides; sprinkle Parmesan and mozzarella cheeses. Toast rolls in the broiler.
- Place sausage mixture inside toasted rolls and serve immediately
Premio Hot Italian Sausage, Premio Sweet Chicken Sausage, Premio Hot Chicken Sausage
Recipe courtesy of the Institute of Culinary Education (ICE)