- 8 Premio Cajun sausages
- 8 potato or hot dog buns, split
- 16 slices provolone cheese
- Roasted red peppers from jar, sliced
- 1 cup pepperoncini, with 1 cup brine
- 1 cup (packed) red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 TSP. dried oregano
Chopped Olive Tapenade:
- 1/2 lb. mixed olive, pitted
- 2 anchovy fillets, rinsed
- 1 small clove garlic, minced
- 2 TBSP. capers
- 3 fresh basil leaves
- 1 TBSP. freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 TBSP. extra-virgin olive oil
|How to make Ragin’ Cajun Muffeletta Grilled Sausages:
Preparation for Tapenade:
1. Thoroughly rinse olives in cool water.
2. Place all ingredinets in the bowl of a food processor; process to combine, stopping to scrape down the sides of the bowl, until mixture becomes a coarse paste, approximately 1-2 minutes.
3. Transfer to a bowl and serve.
Preparation for Grilled Sausages:
1. Mix pepperoncini, brine, red onion and oregano in a bowl; let stand for 30 minutes, then drain.
2. Prepare a grill, over medium-high heat. Place sausages on grill.
3. Place buns, flat side up, on grill; cover with 2 slices of cheese and grill until cheese melts and sausages are heated through, approximately 5 minutes for sausages and 3 minutes for buns (cover grill if needed).
4. Transfer buns and sausages to plates; top with pickled onions, tapenade and peppers.
Submitted by: Peter H.
Summer 2013 Grilling Recipe Contest