|How to make Santa-Fe Style Spicy Grilled Onion-Green Chili Chorizo Dogs with Crumbled Queso Fresco:
1. Preheat grill to medium. Place sausage links on the grill, and grill, turning every few minutes with tongs, until done (about 25 minutes).
2. Place a double layer of aluminum foil, about 14-inches long on the counter or table. Place onion and 1 TBSP. butter in center of foil; sprinkle with salt.
3. Place hot sauce and green chili on top.
4. Carefully fold the seams so that packet is sealed and place, seal side up, on the grill and allow to grill for 20 minutes.
5. Spread the rest of the softened butter ion the cut side of the rolls. Place on the grill for the last 3-5 minutes of the sausage’s cooking time.
6. Place rolls on platter, cut side up. Using tongs, place sausage on the rolls.
7. Remove foil packet, cut open and evenly top sausage with onion-green chili mixture.
8. Sprinkle with 1/5 of crumbled queso fresco and serve.
Submitted by: Angela S.
Summer 2013 Grilling Recipe Contest