|How to make Sausage “Mincemeat” Pie:
1. Grill sausages according to package directions.
2. In a large, heavy skillet, add apples, raisins, granulated sugar and water; stir to combine and cook for 15 minutes or until apples are soft.
3. Stir in marmalade, brown sugar and spices; cook for 3 minutes longer, uncovered.
4. Once sausages are done, chop them up and add to apple mixture; stir well to evenly combine.
5. Allow mixture to sit for 5 minutes; pour into baked pie shell.
6. Serve warm or at room temperature. Top each serving with a dollop (approximately 1 TBSP.) of sour cream (if desired).
Yields: 8 servings
Submitted by: Al B.
Summer 2013 Grilling Recipe Contest