How to make Premio Sausage Scallopini:
1. Brown Premio Hot Italian Sausage over Medium Heat in lightly oiled large frying pan. Once sausages are browned, cut into discs and cook each side until cooked through.
2. Meanwhile, cut up the peppers and onion, julienne style. Add to cooked sausages in the pan.
3. Lightly salt this mixture, continue cooking over Medium heat until vegetables are softened.
4. Add marinara sauce, cover and cook for at least twenty minutes on Low. For best results, cook on low for a few hours, stirring occasionally (this incorporates all the flavors of the sausage and peppers into the sauce).
5. Meanwhile, cook penne pasta al dente. Drain, add to sauce mixture.
6. Add mozzarella and parmesan cheese, mix thoroughly and serve.
7. ** This will be a very saucy mixture, I like that for dipping bread! If you prefer less sauce, use about 36 oz sauce, or pour out some sauce prior to adding the pasta in the final step -- it will be a delicious snack at some point! **.
Recipe submitted by Liz S.