How to Make Savory Twice-Baked Sweet Potatoes:
- Bake sweet potatoes at 400 degree (F) for 1 hour, or until cooked through.
- In a large skillet, cook Premio sausage over medium heat, breaking up with a spoon for 15 minutes. Add onion and garlic, and cook for an additional 5 minutes, or until sausage is cooked through. Remove from heat.
- Add cream cheese, heavy cream, brown sugar, salt and pepper to skillet; stir to combine.
- Cut sweet potatoes in half and add the flesh to the sausage mixture; stir to combine.
- Place mixture back into reserved halves and bake for 10-15 minutes. Remove and let cool before serving.
Submitted by: Melanie T.
Winter Recipe Contest 2014-2015