How to Make Stuffed Mushrooms:
- Wash mushrooms and remove stems. Set caps on paper towel to drain; set stems aside.
- Combine all cheeses, 2 Tbsp. red wine and cooked sausage in a large bowl; mix well. Fill mushroom caps with cheese mixture so that they have a slightly rounded top. Have breadcrumbs in a small bowl. Dip stuffed mushrooms cheesy side into breadcrumbs.
- Using a 9x9 baking pan, add butter in pan and then add stuffed mushrooms, cheesy-side up. Once mushrooms are in pan, add red wine so that it covers roughly the bottom half of mushroom (this is where the amount of wine is approximate, as it depends upon mushroom sizes).
- Preheat oven/toasted oven to 350 degrees (F). Cook for 15-20 minutes, until cheese has melted.
- Place on a serving dish and serve while hot.
If any cheese mixture is left, you can make more mushrooms or use a cracker spread, or heat over veggies/rice/meat. Stems can also be used in other recipes.
Submitted by: Jill G.
Winter Recipe Contest 2014-2015