How to Make Spinach and Artichoke Penne with Sausage:
- Cook pasta according to box directions until al dente
- Set broiler on low and cook Premio sausage separately for 15- 20 minutes, turning once until cooked through.
- Wilt spinach in a skillet over medium heat with olive oil for about 5 minutes. Set aside
- Sauté garlic until lightly brown in olive oil.
- Add ½ cup pasta cooking water to pan and add butter. When combined add half-and-half and allow to thicken.
- Open and drain artichokes. Chop into bite sized pieces. Add artichokes and spinach to the sauce.
- Drain pasta and add to sauce.
- Finish by adding Parmesan cheese and combine into the sauce. Salt and pepper to taste
- Sprinkle with fresh parsley and serve.
Yields: 4 servings
Submitted by: Angela M.
Winter Recipe Contest 2014-2015