How to Make SuPremio Sausage and Spinach Pasta:
- Cook the pasta according to the package directions; drain and return to the pot.
- Meanwhile, heat the butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the leeks, ½ tsp. salt and ¼ tsp. pepper, and cook, stirring occasionally, until the leeks have softened, about 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add the chicken sausage and lemon zest to leeks and cook, tossing frequently, until the sausage is cooked throughout, about 4 to 5 minutes more.
- Add the cream and ½ tsp. salt to the pasta in the pot and cook over medium heat, stirring until slightly thickened, about 1 to 2 minutes. Add the sausage mixture and the spinach, and toss to combine.
- Serve garnished with shredded parmesan cheese and pine nuts (optional) on top.
Submitted by: Stephanie W.
Winter Recipe Contest 2014-2015