How to make Tuscan Frijoles Dip:
1. Add 1/2 Tbsp. olive oil to a small skillet. Add Premio Sweet Italian Chicken Sausage, breaking up with back of spoon. Cook until browned, about 5 minutes.
2. Add 1 1/2 Tbsp. olive oil to a larger skillet. Add mild and hot Italian sausage and brown evenly, about 5 minutes.
3. Combine browned chicken sausage with pork sausages, in larger skillet, and continue to cook for about 1 minute or more to your liking.
4. While sausage is browning, add halved and seeded jalapeño, garlic paste and dried mission figs to a food processor. Pulse for about 15-20 turns for 1 second per turn.
5. Deglaze the meat with the beer, scraping the browned bits from bottom of pan. Once beer evaporates, add fig and jalapeño mixture to pan with meat; stir.
6. Add cannellini beans to same food processor and pulse for about 10 seconds; drizzle remaining olive oil (1 Tbsp.) while pulsing to create a smooth consistency. Add beans to skillet and mix well.
7. Melt in cream cheese over low heat. Stir in lemon juice at the end.
8. Turn the dip into a serving bowl and serve with Three Bean Dippin’ Chips.
Helpful tip: Use a potato masher to break up the sausage in your pan for more consistent browning. This dip is a fusion of Italian and Southwestern flavors; I lightened it up by using a little chicken sausage mixed with the pork sausage and I opted for fat free cream cheese. But my friends don’t know it’s “lighter.” It’s fantastic warm or cold.
Submitted by: Daniel L.